View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

re: Guild Addon Available for Testing

Forum Image Forum Image Forum Image
Our guild token addon, Tokens, is in public beta. Get it on curse.com or use the Curse Client. Test it, break it and report bugs here on the forum.

The addon will track our loot tokens in game instead of on this forum, and it is mandatory for officers, and optional for everyone else. Officers can award and reset tokens with the addon, non-officers can only look. The addon keeps a log of token changes, so everyone can go back and see if they've been treated fairly.

If you decide to not get the addon, you can whisper "tokens" to any officer to get a reply with how many tokens you currently have.

Searching for Tokens or RMWP should find the addon. It's in the category Guild and developed by gekko513, that's me, if you're in doubt about finding the right addon.

Download link if you don't use Curse Client:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/tokens.aspx
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

thanks irinia your a legend mate ive just installed it now

Piccalo

Daelroth
Raider

Wow, downloaded and took a look at it.
This addon is going to save so much time in a raid, there will be no more "I think I have tokens but dunno how many, let me check the website"
Quick press of a button and you can easily see who has tokens!

Thanks Irinia!
erdemin
Veteran raider

Awesome work man! Good to know you can find your way in Lua ;)

Small error message that keep popping for me now ^^
you prolly have a better idea of what this means than i do hehe.

Message: Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:495: attempt to concatenate field 'tokenResult' (a nil value)
Time: 11/28/10 01:32:52
Count: 2
Stack: [C]: ?
Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:495: in function `TokensLog_SendEntry'
Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:273: in function `TokensLog_SendFullSync'
Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:437: in function `TokensLog_SyncSubmit'
Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:363: in function `TokensLog_ReceivedSync'
Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensRoster.lua:130: in function <Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensRoster.lua:104>

Locals: entry = <table> {
descIndex = "g"
type = "parent"
name = "Multiple People"
by = "Zevirax"
date = "Sun Nov 28. 01:07"
descArg1 = 349
expanded = false
time = 312599222
}
to = nil
type = "GUILD"
(*temporary) = "LogEntry:"
(*temporary) = "Zevirax"
(*temporary) = ":"
(*temporary) = 312599222
(*temporary) = "Multiple People"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = ":g"
(*temporary) = "g"
(*temporary) = "attempt to concatenate field 'tokenResult' (a nil value)"

seems to pop up every time someone logs in or out.

Thanks for the bug report! I did notice that some synced log entries had a "last set to" value of nil yesterday. That's related. I'll try to hunt down the cause of this, and in the mean time, I'll fix it by adding some code checking if the value is nil before attempting to sync it. That means the value will be wrong, but at least it won't cause an error message.

Edit: The bug was caused by a parent log entry mistakenly being sent as a regular log entry if it didn't have any child entries. In this case, there was apparently an attempt to restore token entries from backup that didn't change anything, so this was logged as a parent log entry with no children and when that entry tried to sync, it was sent as a regular entry. Since regular entries always affect the tokens of someone, the syncing tries to send this token result along with the log entry, but since this was a parent entry, potentially affecting multiple people, it didn't have a value for the token result and so this caused the error. I think I've fixed this in version 1.0.5 which is uploaded to curse now, and sorry for the long rant about the details.
Deum
Alt

This kept popping up while in CoS HC today. No one was logging in or out. Error looks slightly different to what Zonth was seeing, so I thought I'd share it :3

Message: Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:551: attempt to index upvalue 'rNestedEntry' (a nil value)
Time: 11/28/10 10:19:46
Count: 2
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:551: in function `TokensLog_ReceiveEntry'
Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:365: in function `TokensLog_ReceivedSync'
Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensRoster.lua:130: in function <Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensRoster.lua:104>

Locals: message = "LogEndNestedEntry:312475205:Multiple People:f:3"
tag = "End"
pattern = "[^:]+)"
read = <table> {
1 = "312475205"
2 = "Multiple People"
3 = "f"
4 = "3"
}
time = "312475205"
(*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:506
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "3"
(*temporary) = "3"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index upvalue 'rNestedEntry' (a nil value)"
LogEntry = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:199
rNestedEntry = nil
EndNestedLog = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Tokens\TokensLog.lua:173

Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

Thanks again, keep them coming.

That one is a bit tougher to crack. I can tell that it's caused by you receiving a log sync message trying to conclude the transmit of a parent log entry (one that can affect several people), but you have no record of this message ever starting, so it bugs out.

From what I can think this must either mean that this message was sent incorrectly, lost along the way, or what I think is most likely have been intermixed with log syncing from somebody else.

If it was sent incorrectly, that's a bug of mine, but the code for sending that entry is quite simple and it's strange to me that it should fail. If it was lost along the way, that means I must code this around messages not reliably going through.

If it's caused by two or more people sending you sync info at the same time, that's not good either, because I've tried to make sure that only one user of the addon sends anything that needs syncing, so there might be something wrong with that. I'll look into that and in the mean time I'll make sure that the addon recovers more gracefully from a syncing fuck up like this.

Edit: Version 1.0.6 is up on curse. It's supposed to be more robust against this kind of thing. I've tested that it runs like before, but I haven't tested the new syncing. It also now only syncs with newer version of the addon, so the old versions don't mess things up. Keep me updated on how it works.

2nd edit: Gah, stupid curseforge, ended up with version 1.0.9 before I realised it only checks and packages new versions from your commits every 20 or 30 minutes or so.

3rd edit: Except now it won't package the addon at all. I'll look at it again tomorrow. I did the same thing as earlier versions, so maybe their packager is down.

4th edit: The relationship between curseforge and I is complicated and we're having several issues we have to work through. We've had our misunderstandings and we've both taken steps to try and improve. Things may be working out as we just made some progress on one key issue, but there still seem to be some grudges held on curseforge's part. I'll leave him to mull over the recent changes now and hopefully he'll come to his senses before tomorrow.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Dont kill yourself Iri. Take it slow. THe addon wont be needed for 3 weeks and with so few raiders to start we can use the website or posts to track while you work.

I know your relationship with curse isnt great at the moment, trust is low and all good relationships are built on Trust. I hope you give curse time to rebuild that trust because for all its faults it means well and wouldnt intetionally try to hurt you. I hope you are not tempted to go cheat on curse!! I heard wowinterface was sending you suggestive messages and it just seems dirty to host it yourself!!! Hosting to much will send you blind!!!! I know you will do the right thing.

Mikki
dacce
Officer

So says the hairy palmed blind Mage :-p

just wanted to say a big thanks for this irinia :-D as a reward I was thinking that you could abuse all mages in the guild to your hearts content with no repercussions Happy
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

coming from a rogue how rich now i feel insulted Happy

SSL Rokisha
Officer

this addon is amazing iri! :D

i think we are all in your debt for this, thank you so much <3

Thanks, deeth. Piccalo, my dear little mage, I have some dirty underwear that needs cleaning. Could you take care of it before tomorrow?

I'm also happy to announce that the relationship between curse and I is improving. Hosting has never been better. There's nothing like some good make up hosting, is there?
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

EWWWWWWWWW
thanks for that >.<

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: