View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nidhogg1
Officer

re: The Next Step

In every expansion we’ve seen the same things. One group rush ahead, level up, gear up and raid up, and a little behind is the large, stoic group of casuals slowly catching up. In this process we’ve usually seen some turbulence. This time was no different, even though I must admit it’s been calmer that it usually is.

There have been some concerns about there being a smaller group doing most of the raiding. There’s nothing wrong or strange about that. We are lucky enough to have a nice, strong, spearhead that does the hard work of figuring out tactics, hard fight, easy fights and so on. We are all grateful for the work they put in.

Forum Image

To ensure that all that wants to raid, get the opportunity to do so, officers constantly monitor sign ups and consider the need for recruitment As you might have noticed we are in the marked for mature, raid ready healers.

BUT the last weeks we’ve experienced a much better sign up, letting us do more 25 mans, and succeeding as well! We are entering the next level where the large group of members is raid ready and HUNGRY. There are still some quirks to be fixed, to enable us to handle the bosses in normal easy going style, but these are minor, and will be fixed in time. Most of it is related to slight adjustments that can be fixed with HC’s gear, to really be at our best against the ferocious raid bosses.

HEROIC GUILD FARMING THIS FRIDAY

SO to speed this process up a bit we are calling on our guild for a night of HC’s farming and fun. We need all the tanks/off spec tanks/healers/off spec healers available to set up as many 5 man farming groups as possible. Don’t be shy to sign as off spec as we will try to pair up as many main tanks with off spec healers as possible.

Bring your alts if you want, just keep your main available in case it’s needed. But please let the mains have first roll on loot, as the primarily intention is to speed up the gearing of our back bone 25 man raid group.

To make sure we get as much loot as possible, do a little research on your own, as to which bosses drops what loot. There is no need to do full HC’s if the loot the group wants drops from first boss. Then it’s better to move on to the next HC.

This event is planned on Friday 11. We will have prices, honor and glory to those that stand out in different ways (did I hear “Kill a pally”?)

I'll try setting it up in calender, even though it will be my first....
Nidhogg1
Officer

What happens if we for instance kick the healer from a group, to invite him/her into another group Idea beeing to let us swap tanks/healers for different bosses.

Will they get the "deserter" buff ?
whitemikki
Veteran raider

No Nid they wont. The only thing is the 15min before you can join the random Q but that shouldnt be an issue.

This is a great idea. I only raid 2 (sometimes 3) evenings a week to keep family life sweet but I will find an hour or so to help here.
Vixon/Fiz
Vice Guildmaster

Im always up 2 heal guildy groups - I really never pug much at all now - so will b happy 2 run guildies through a few friday...and most days tbh

Vix
blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

Sounds good~
it is a good opportunity allow us to gear up ppl's off spec, which will be good for the raid, especially 25 men raids. so ppl will have a more option to choose and get in the raid, and will also help situations when we lack of healers or tanks when the main healers and tanks r busy on somedays.
I am more than happy to help out if needed Happy

wingsy~ twisted
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Brilliant idea!!! Count Lyera and I in.

Ill be there tonight -- with the compulsory glass of red wine ofc....so grab me earlier in the night wink

Hehe, this is really looking up, at least three healers, two tanks (and I guess Muz will be there on Simm) means we should be able to at least get 3 groups off. (Bet we'll rally up a 4'th as well)

I hope the ones that needs gear answer the call !!

Be there, have fun, get to know more of your guildies and get gear to Raid.

YAY, tonights gonna be a good night
Vixon/Fiz
Vice Guildmaster

Yea, gettin 2no more peepz is a must 4 me Vent is thus a must...or i cant tease any1...if i cant tease on vent...life grip's all round

Also, im happy 2 gear up a fellow healer by takin em through probably abit faster, raid rdy healers seem 2 b abit short atm through various reasons. I am also tryin 2 find som time 4 a short break myself, as i feel like my batteries r runnin on empty :D I blame Arch@#$%gy (yes, its my worst swear word now)

Vix
zorlon
Dedicated Raider

im in i can tank with my fat arse bear or dps what ever we need Happy

kk guys.

Thanks to the fact I had to work late yesterday and missed the Raid I have a free pass. Ill be on all night on Mikki to help or hinder a group.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: