View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

re: officers meeting needed

Mooo all,

after reading Deum's post and the replies from guildies,
there are 4 points need to point out:

1. Raid sign-up format ----

2. Future plan and explanation of events (recruitment, 25men raid, 10 men raid) not clear -----

3. lara suggesting volunteer for buff food and flasks -----

4. lack of communication ----

these are the 4 things which guildies has pointed out for us so far, i hope there will be more ppl saying there thoughts.

as officer team, we do not communicate amoung ourselves enough to give a very good answer to be honest (harsh to say, but it is the truth).

I suggest that we wait for another 2 days or 3 to see more replies on that post and have a good understanding of the voices rise from the guildies, and then we have a officer meeting and clear up the plans of the guild amount ourselves before we give answer to guildies. after the meeting and after we clear our minds first, then we can make proper announcement in the forum.

ps. about the rapid raid section, actually the old calendar way of sign up is easier in my opinion. i checked the admin section just now, i dont dare to touch anything there, , and i think i need some help with experienced officers on the admin site:p)

so sum up of my post:

1. wait for 2 or 3 days to hear more voices from guildies
2. sum up the problems guildies suggested
3. meeting amount officers to clear our mind and set targets; reason why we going to have certain event-like recruitment, what is our recruitment aim for (eg, numbers of recruit and etc).
4. deliver our final decisions to guildies to make this communication going on smoothly
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Good idea, Wings, Meetings are however hard to organise due to the complex commitments of all - but we can normally thrash out the issues here.

So lets watch the thread for more input and address all the concerns.

We have been here many times before. It does boil down to communication - we need to actively engage with the team all of the time.

The issues with regards to the site..... well its a tough one to solve as making any change can create even further problems... after our last refurbishment - i really hope we can just tweak this to work for everyone.

Rapid raid can be figured out with a little effort.

On the communication issues and frustrations from Venke - very important we address.

One thing I really think we need to start conveying more is the fact that the highest rank in Real Men Wear Pink is that of Vet Raider. When you are a vet raider you are at your highest level of promotion. Officers, VGM and GM are service roles (In my opinion) they do recognize effort in many cases, but in reality they are support roles. They exist to make the guild work, raids come together, harmony is kept. - we need to stress that there is no "us" and "them"

The officers are just Vet Raiders with more responsibility.

I have an idea to add to this but want to see your thoughts first.

Cheers
Bizz

/agreed.

Although, Me, Nid and Mumu had a drunken, naked, but semi-serious (4 a while) discussion in stockades last night...not sure how much i remember of it though tongue out

Vix
blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

Bizzmark wrote:

On the communication issues and frustrations from Venke - very important we address.

One thing I really think we need to start conveying more is the fact that the highest rank in Real Men Wear Pink is that of Vet Raider. When you are a vet raider you are at your highest level of promotion. Officers, VGM and GM are service roles (In my opinion) they do recognize effort in many cases, but in reality they are support roles. They exist to make the guild work, raids come together, harmony is kept. - we need to stress that there is no "us" and "them"

The officers are just Vet Raiders with more responsibility.

I have an idea to add to this but want to see your thoughts first.

Cheers
Bizz

indeed Bizz. should always deliver a message that its a TEAM but not different groups.
blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

Hi all, ^^

i think it has been a week since Deum made his post, there are no any other suggestion or issues apart from the old ones where venke and lara suggested. I dont want to be a pin in the as s to bring this threat up again; however, since i start this threat, its my responsibility to follow it up :p

In response of Lara's post, I went to talk to him, and Im going to team up with him to divide roles on fishing different kind of fishes, so he will feel abit more relax from fishing feasts by himself alone. and i also heard from him that Nid is helping out as well :p of coz there are alot more volunteer in the guild helping out like Nomen and Bud and more...

about Venke's post, i have not talked to him yet myself, but i think Nid did =).
i think venke's worrying can be solved easily by talking to him or posting an official target list of the guild about where we heading to, maybe from Raia, Bizz, alex or squishy deeth ? : p

I know these are small things and can be solved easily, but if ignoring it, it might make some guildies feel bad, or feel left out.
I may sound abit too serious about a post, but i rather listen to the rising voice than ignoring it =) and try my best to do 'service role' good like Bizz said ~

wingsy~
Vixon/Fiz
Vice Guildmaster

Yea agree, sounds like food stuff is sorted, but maybe a list in writting is needed, even a list of mats, so peeps can contribute more easily and feel part of the guild Zonth, muz and me seem (atm) 2 handle the cauldrons, but i dont hurt 2 encourage the herbers 2 help, as its still a rescource used sparingly and maybe sould become used more freely in raids with a few (reqular) herb helpers.

Cauldron requirements = x1
Stormvine = x8 (Hyjal/vash'jir)
Azsharas veil = x16 (Vash'jir)
Whiptail = x16 (Uldum)
Twilight Jazmine = x16 (Twilight High)
Cinderbloom = x8 (all over)
Volatile Life = x32 (herbs)

I believe Taker was talking alittle about spelling out future progress, maybe we can trash this out soon.

Vix
Alexm
Guildmaster

Thanks for all the work done, totally agree with the points raised so far.....communication is vital. We need to maintain consistant approach in our dealings with members.

Anything i can do to help pleae just ask.

Of the points raised so far:

1. Raid sign-up format ---- what changes do we need?

2. Future plan and explanation of events (recruitment, 25men raid, 10 men raid) not clear ----- more guild events? recruitment have we updated list of what we need, where are we really short - focus on 25 content...what can we do to ensure progression.
3. lara suggesting volunteer for buff food and flasks ----- vixon has covered this in his above post perhaps make a announcement as to what we need members to do.
4. lack of communication ---- I can help faciliate this not at least by starting the ball rolling by speaking directly with members and officers alike.

This is a good starting point. lets keep the momentum going.

Alex

Healer priority - which i figured i'd put in this post - like Tank priority could do with alittle clarification (and even more so as we recruit more peeps) to a) know main/0ff-spec, b) make sure we dont hav long RMWP guildies made 2 dps, and thus avoid upset/or inv a normally dpser 2 heal(or tank...or even dps) when a main-(spec)healer was available by accident. here is how I see it atm...

1) Top-Priority Main-Spec Healers (in no particular order):
Bizzmark, Dizzyvix, Eridea, Gremlinon, kesur, Laralina, Leyah, Lyera, Scarlie, Stormslayer, Venke. (Note: a few these are rare/resting healers, but I dont thk they should be forgotten, peepz return )

2) Off-Spec, long-running guild member Healers (no partic ord):
Fatherjimmy, Snutte, Zonthor.

3) rescent arrivals (and im assuming Off-spec Healers):
Marena, Nomendeath, Spoony, Shiendra...(may be others tongue out )

Its rare that their are problems, and i may be being abit OTT with this, but ive seen new-comers be called in 2 replace a healer when a main-spec was available, or seen off-spec healer role main-spec loot on a (perculiar for their class-a druid rolling for the jar )healer item.

[List also makes wonder if we could do with an extra shaman with good heal off-spec and will raid often, as Eridea and Leyah are not common atm, and occasionally Venke is not around. I thk Shiendra is a heal off-spec, but is not particularly regular atm]

Anyways, tell me what u thk and if i missed any1, etc.

Oh...and as for items with spirit on them, can I assume that healers get priority on these over dps, just 2 stop future interrupts 2 a raid? A dps can role on hit, healers cant, i no the spirit thing is not quite as clear-cut, but it still seems fairer.

Vix...(yes wingz, i think 2 much...i can alrdy hear u! )

Last edited by Vixon/Fiz on 2011/04/14 12:14; edited 2 times in total
Nidhogg1
Officer

Miss a post saying Alex is our GM wink. Alex, think you should make that one....
Miss a more seriuos post in regards of the fish thingy. Maybe we should buy the fish from guildies? dunno? I can draft up a suggestion, but would be happy if someone else could as well, since this is a very busy RL week for me...

Taker has made a nice post in ragards to where we are going
Taker fixed the easy raid sign thingy
Vixon/Fiz
Vice Guildmaster

Can makes a post i guess, use old Alex pic as a "Call 2 Arms" with a list of herbs and fish stuff. Need a feast shopping list similar 2 the 1 I did for cauldron
above.

Btw, happy 2 let peeps makes their own cauldron and bring along (i no marena has some now), however, i dont thk it should be encourgaged, as its harder 2 plan ahead, if anything is needed. If mats r in the GB, an officer who knows they r coming 2 raid can make a couple of cauldrons/feasts b4 the raid (A 25man requires x4 cauldrons to cover the full 4 hours assumin 5 peeps get their own/GB flask - so considering the raid sched and assuming it all goes ahead full, thats x16 cauldrons a week! Thankfully, the lvl24 Bountiful bags Guild perk has speeded up herbin abit twisted ).

Vix
blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

Fizbandimus wrote:
Can makes a post i guess, use old Alex pic as a "Call 2 Arms" with a list of herbs and fish stuff. Need a feast shopping list similar 2 the 1 I did for cauldron
above.

Btw, happy 2 let peeps makes their own cauldron and bring along (i no marena has some now), however, i dont thk it should be encourgaged, as its harder 2 plan ahead, if anything is needed. If mats r in the GB, an officer who knows they r coming 2 raid can make a couple of cauldrons/feasts b4 the raid (A 25man requires x4 cauldrons to cover the full 4 hours assumin 5 peeps get their own/GB flask - so considering the raid sched and assuming it all goes ahead full, thats x16 cauldrons a week! Thankfully, the lvl24 Bountiful bags Guild perk has speeded up herbin abit twisted ).

Vix

Very nice Idea VV of the ''call 2 Arm'' post plan.
It would be nice to have mates to donate some herbs or fishes if they have spare ones they don't need. Also like Nid said in his reply that we can offer to pay for the fishes or herbs, but i really doubt anyone will accept the payment.

Moreover, if decide to make the ''Call 2 Arms'' post, better not sound like it is a must to donate, but should sound like ''welcome for donation'' of fishes or herbs, since it is still a game, people come online and play to enjoy their spare time; really do not want to leave them a feeling that it is a must to fish or herb-ing and leave them feel that they doing a 'second' job. In short, guild bank is more than happy to receive donation, but if you (anyone in the guild) do not have much spare time, not to worry much about the donating. This is my opinion.

About the feast and cauldron, i think Vix has already make the list of item needed for Cauldron. For the feast we need:

1 feast ==
Fathom Eel x 2
Highland Guppy x 2
Lavascale Catfish x 2

I have been working with Laralina lately with the feast. Due to my fishing skill lvl, i can only fish the first two kinds in the fish school, so if someone else in guild apart from lara can help fishing the lavascale catfish, it would be awesome. I know Nid has been fishing the lavascale also when he has time. my own plan is to lvl up fishing first, once i done with it, i will lvl up my pally's herbalism, right now his herbalism lvl is only 130 :p (I know its lame) haha. it would be to have it to herb if guild run needs the herbs. again, nice idea of 'call 2 Arms' vix~

wingsy~ twisted
blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

Hi all, I only move this post to open forum from officer forum to let u know everyone's thoughts r important and not being ignored! And also with taker's help forum fomat also changed according to the suggestion made in deum 's post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: