View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tha-Taker

re: What's Up

What's up Before 4.3?

WARNING! Wall of text incoming.

Ok First off as most of us know 4.3 is about to come in prolly less then a month wich result in ppl getting a short pauze before the patch is out.
Thats not the only thing tho. We have plenty of ppl getting bored with the Firelands patch wich is to expect in a way since there is almost no interesting content for this patch. Wich result in ppl getting bored and feeling like they need to break before 4.3 hits.
We do also have lot of ppl not attending on the signups for later into the raid week wich result in raids getting converted from 25 to 10 mans.
As much you as myself dont like it, its also not the intention to do any 10 mans for this guild but in the long run it will eventually end up that way mostly on sunday & on tuesdays. Wich takes me to the next point.
As attendance is falling quite rapidly the killing of bosses on wednesday & thursday will go in the next gear on clearing as much as we can on wednesday & leave the 2 endbosses on thursday since we do rly want more raggy kills.
But still like i said attendance is dropping very rapidly on lots of ppl and either we might have to recruit more wich i think we might be doin anyways. There is not much else we can do but hope we get enough ppl for the raids.

Heres a list of ppl dropping in atendance or havent been on for a very long time now.

Tanks:
Blackwings No official comment but yet inactive
Thadious Recently announcend to me hes buzy with his work and attendance will drop almost to 0

Me alexm & Trae are only tanks left so might need to recruit from inside the guild to go tank.

Healers:
Venke rl stuff & health problem with a bad cut in his hand
Scarlie RL stuff and inactive quite a while now
Eridea Taking it easy as officer team we understand his situation
Manaburned official announced to officers School work getting closer attendance dropped quite a bit understandable
Kesur official announced hes being inactive till 4.3 hits

For the most part we do have some healers around but its very very tricky to get enough for the full raid of 25

Dps: hmm where to start
Over the course of the months of firelands attendance on dps has differd from high to low but heres some recent ones
Fibielf official announce
Mikki RL stuffs & official announce
Niemo same story with blackwings
Niddhog official announce RL Stuffs

Dps is not to much a big deal but when tanks & healers drop to much were swapping dps to do the main rolles wich result in dropping the dps to much.

Officer team is also getting to an all time low with only having 5 active on forum/ingame We will start looking into recruiting from veteran raiders but wont overdo it till 4.3 hits and more ppl come back for the last patch of the expansion!

Not much i can say that at the end of the day RL comes first & everyone pays blizzard to make u do what u like.
But being part from RMWP it would be rly nice if ur thinking of stepping down from raiding or want a break, just a quick post on forum or ingame mail to any officers would do loads.

Its the same thing like ppl suddenly leaving raid without any signup note of leaving early or at raid invite quick wisp to any officer that u cant stay for to long or such. Respect to your fellow raiders is huge ... pls do so there is rly no harm in saying these things as it would harm huge for not saying anything at all.

Ok in conclusion Exams, Boredom, RL issues, Lack of content in firelands patch and having 4.3 hitting end november early december doesnt help that our signups will be top notch till Deathwing patch hits. So what i want to say is Be patient & have good heart! in the long run as the officer team consists of atmost 5 ppl wich came from up to 10 or more we do try our best to make things work. Respect eachother for trying at the very least and I do want to thank everyone involved trying to get as much 25 man out as possible and pls dont be disapointed if we happen to make a 10 man out of 25 on sunday/tuesdays raids as as much you are disapointed in not joining the 10 man we are dissapointed to not having 25 ppl to raid with and we almost all raided every single day from the start of the patch.

FIRELANDS 25 FRESH RUN TONIGHT GO SIGN

Quick Notice for everyone that reads this , there will be a future post about GUILD TRANSFER in the near future when EU servers are getting close to complete on blizzards part. We will discuss and talk about it later on before anything happens, Its just a quick small heads up that ppl know its coming !!!
Daelroth
Raider

I think it is inevitable that this would happen, and it isn't the first time really.
I reckon it's mostly just due to the length of this patch, with nothing else added to keep people busy.

10 mans seem a shame for the guild, let's hope it doesn't get to that. :3

Reading over the amount of people who are taking a break/low attendance, I had an idea. May be a little crazy, probably is.
If people who have FL-ready alts/offspecs had them characters/specs sort of "On-Call", and would be happy to switch to them for the sake of raiding, it could possibly help. It -might- help with tank or healing problems. Maybe have a small incentive or something for those people.

An' y'know, I'm always available for a talk about officer roles. =P
Haha.

Hey guys,
I know I have posted saying I will be inactive, however reading this made me think I may be interested in getting my tanking spec up to a raid-worthy level. I have never really tanked raids before and it's something I would definitely be interested in giving a go.

My tank gear is probably below par for firelands at the moment but with a bit of work I think I could probably get a good tanking set together fairly quickly. (and I would work on my tanking skills a lot too! ) I'm thinking part of the reason I've been feeling burnt out lately is due to the fact I've been healing since the start of wotlk and it was starting to get a bit tedious.

I thought I would express my interest in this before we recruit a zillion tanks into the guild :P

Kesur

I know what you mean, Kesur.
I've played DPS since early TBC, although I changed from ranged to melee DPS, it's still more or less the same feeling.

I've quite fallen in love with healing on my druid, so I'd be up to healing some stuff. (When my internet is sorted, mind.) And when I've got a couple of bits of gear from Troll heroics. :3

Guys and girls taker pretty much served the whole situation in a large oval shaped plate. there is no doublting the fatigue..personal indiffence.call it what you will. However myself and the officer team will alway endevour to provide challenges and adventures for our fellow pinkies.

That said there are without doubt challenges ahead for the guild. I for one have to take account of the issues affecting the raid leaders - for instance the lack of a particular class, and or composition of raid. Whilst no discuusion or decision has been made regarding server change, the option has to remain regardless. We have tried to recruit within Scarshield Legion with mixed success.

I endevour to make RMWP a success despite the challenges facing us....over the next few weeks i will be speaking to the leaders of our most active guilds watch this space Happy

As always i welcome comment.

Alex

Well said both Taker and Alex thanks you guys.

We have tried recruiting on Scarshield Legion since beginning of Cataclysm.
I have spammed a recruiting macro that Leyah kindly created to spam in trade chat (not over doing the spam).

Like Taker said in yellow on his post talks about guild server change so keep your eyes peeled.

Remember we pay to play this game the way we like to. I for one would of server changed a long time ago if it wasnt for this great group of friends which I call Real Men Wear Pink.

Just remember we are a 25 man guild because 10 mans are just too easy (coming from the guy with a hamster powered laptop).

Were not the kindof people that would say XXX player go leve a Druid healer because it's what the guild needs. We let pplay the Class/race that your comfortable with.

I'll be looking forward to reading other feedback from fellow guildies.

Cheers Graeme/Piccalo

P.S Kesur go tank next FL mate im sure Taker would to roflstomp the DPS for once and have a relaxed night

whitemikki
Veteran raider

Well. Thats a perfect sum up of the current game situation.

I will be on tonight and for the next 3 weeks I will raid twice a week.

AS FOR SERVER TRANFER!!
I hate to say it but in this I am going to be selfish. I would transfer server with two character to any server that has an active raiding community.

I can log into Auchindoun at any time of any day (My nephew crated a pally tank there, I tried it out a little) and there are pickup raids doing full clears on all content..

From an Officers perspective most of the hard work would disappear.

From a Guild Idiology perspective it would be hard. RMWP is a SSL guild. The current Offiers may run it now but allot of people who made the guild it is would not move, I dont think its right to remove there guild from them.

If we was to hold a referendum or vote I would vote for a New/Shadow guild to be setup. With RMWP idiology but on a new server.

SSL has a population of 4000 and ranks 239 in europe so all good raiders go elsewhere to find good guilds.

Looking at this link (English servers only) IF and a big IF we moved a pop server between 10 and 16k (so not overpopulated) in the top 25 on that list would be great.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu/lang.en

Anyway, just my 2p.

Mikki
Spoldoon
Officer

Since I only started playing in Cataclysm I have no particular allegiance to the server so if the guild moves I have no issue with moving, although I disagree with the costs of character transfers on principle. :p However I can appreciate what Mikki is saying and I would fully understand if people did not want to move.

On the raiding side of things I do intend to continue signing for the time being but I gotta admit, normal mode firelands is getting very stale for me and I'll probably want to take a short break to recharge my batteries before 4.3 hits. The thing I find most frustrating is the shitty lockout system for heroics, combined with dwindling sign ups means it doesn't look good for 25 man heroic progress. I know how the guild feels about switching to 10 man but I'd love to see what a 10 man team would be capable of achieving in heroics and I'd find it interesting to look at the differences between 10 and 25. The only thing I could think of would be that maybe on a wednesdays we go straight for Rhyolith so we get a full night of progression on him, I think with the right group and a full night we could stand a good chance of getting him down.
Zonthor
Vice Guildmaster

Well Mikki, with the new Guild transfer feature that blizz has implemented the server transfer comes alot easier.

If we where to transfer the guild with this, it means that the guild on SSL still stays and everyone in it, althou it is reset down to level 1 again and GB is moved.
All members then get a PM about transferring, and if they want to they go and do their own personal transfer as normal.

There is a certain timelimit for members before they loose their rep with the guild that moved, dont remember exactly how long but think it was like 30 days or so.

I know alot of people would not want to move, alot of inactive core members thats been around a long time. Thats why i think we need to have a looooong time to discuss it on forum before we do anything, and also try and get most people to read it even if they are inactive.

My point Whore is in essense those old inactives are actually the people who founded and laid the foundations for RMWP, they set the standards for what is expected of us, Its there guild more than anything else.

Who are we to up and take anything? IF people shose to leave you know others wouldnt. Who are we to take there guild? I would not feel good doing that.

I would be happy to start with a new guild on a new server. The people who choose to leave would have to start with a level 1 guild IMO and I would be one that left if enough of the active core wanted to go also.

just my 2p

edit - The guild would have to be called RMWP ofc
Spoldoon
Officer

Question is though, are those inactive founding members ever going to come back? I don't mind keeping the guild warm for them but I don't see any sense in creating a new guild if the old one is just going to sit on SSL and rot.

If these people are still at least in touch with members or if they still follow the forums then I strongly encourage them to post their feelings on the matter rather than have us try to second-guess how they feel.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Spoldoon I dont mean this to sound rude but I have written it 3 times and failed so here goes.

The people I speak of have had breaks longer than you have been in the guild mate. I just had a good 6 month break where I had no contact.

People like Hellas, Deeth, Raia, Kotha & Arkanus have all done the same in the past and have had breaks in some cases up to 2 years but always return in the end. 3 of those have been GM of this guild at times when we struggled to keep a 10 man running and held the guild together in times that make a mockery our current bad patches. Kotha and Raia presided over a period with me when we had 3 active members.

We cannot discount the feelings of people based on the fact they wont post or check in duing the 60 days it will take to cover the topic.

That being said, like I wrote before I would change server if enough friends came but I would prefer to leave SSL RMWP intact and start new with a (New Server) RMWP.

Edit - I use those 4 people as an example but in RMWPs 5 years I think we have easily had over 250 members through our doors. So if we was to move it would only be a small % of that player base
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

The upside of moving is obvious. It won't be as hard to recruit and fill raid spots on a bigger server. It has been nice to be one of the bigger fish in a small pond, but the pond is getting smaller and smaller, and it won't get any bigger unless Blizzard starts forcing merges between realms. They haven't done anything like that so far to my knowledge.

The downside to moving is that old veterans who might consider returning will not return when they find the active portion of the guild on a different server. I would be really sad if I returned, moved to the new server, and then Hellas, Kotha, Bizzmark or Lyera for example returned and they didn't play on the same server, or even worse decided not to return because they'd have to pay for a transfer to play with old mates.

Whatever the decision I think it's important that we get as many members as possible, both old and new, to unite around the same outcome. If we move, make sure it's really easy for an old returning member to join the rest of the guild. Make sure they meet clear information and step by step instructions both if they visit the website and if they log in to SSL, perhaps even create a transfer fund for those who are too late to join the a guild move, if we go for that. (I don't really know all the details about this guild move thing.)
Spoldoon
Officer

Iriana does raise an important point. Lets say that the majority of active members, the "core" of the guild if you will, creates a new guild on another server and RMWP remains on SSL. If/when the inactive members return they'll be coming back to a guild that is RMWP in name only, because the people who make the guild what it is, the heart and soul of it wont be there any more. Will they even WANT to return if all their friends have moved server?

It's a very tough situation to be in to be sure, but my personal feeling is that if we decide to move we go all the way with it. Trying to take half measures to keep everyone satisfied never truely works in my experience as you will always end up with people unhappy or unsatisfied no matter what you do.
Misse
Officer

I really do get what you are saying Mikki, but no matter what happens they will be left behind, but they will have the option to move to us, or to get the best out of the situation here.
They will still be pinkies even tho the guild has been reset, but does that matter that much? leave g behind so they can buy valut?

I really don´t see why not to transfer the guild, maybe i am being selfish, but the active members now, maxed the guild out.
There will be a lot of stuff we will lose if we change server and have to build up a new guild, at least for a while, is that fair to us?

Selfish thoughts

Mumu

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: